Sunday, May 31, 2009

Camping in Style

So last year (our first year of camping as a family) we camped in a tent.........in the rain.........with two little kids. I really enjoyed the concept of camping but not the "tent" in the rain with kids part. So, this year I have been searching for a tent trailer. I didn't think I had Greg convinced that this was the best thing to get but I must have. I found one on Craigslist in Mission last Friday and by Saturday we were owners of a 2002 Flagstaff Tent Trailer. Woo hoo! I am SO EXCITED! Mostly excited to not have to sleep on the floor with two kids, have a place to go when it rains, and did I mention there is an inside shower and toilet complete with hot water. Yes! For those of you who don't know I am a clean freak....so this shower thing is gonna be awesome! Who says you HAVE to get dirty when you camp? Anyway, here are some pictures of our new purchase!

Here is a shot from the door looking in. To the left is the table, straight ahead is the shower/toilet combo, to the left of that is the stove and sink, and to the right inside the door is the fridge. The white thing hanging up is an extra storage bag to hold stuff. I'm not sure what you are supposed to put in there but I guess we'll figure it out!
Here is a shot of the queen size bed at one end.
Here is a shot of the double bed at the other. On the left is the table and on the right is the sink and stove.
And here it is all opened up.

I'm really excited to go camping this year (way more than last year)! This weekend I worked and next weekend Greg and I are participating in Motionball (a fundraiser for the Special Olympics) but the weekend after is our inaugural trip.....we are heading to Hicks Lake up in Harrison. Should be fun! We can't wait!

4 comments:

vange/rick said...

They still HAVE to get dirty - it'll just be easier to clean them up!
;)
Mom

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT!! Enjoy :)
Auntie Viv

Anonymous said...

I told you what to put in that hanging storage basket...did you think I was kidding?

tlr said...

very nice! Now we can meet up and go camping one of these years!!